Mini Turkey Pot Pies
Makes 2 servings: 313 calories; 11g fat; 31g carbs; 24g protein
3/4 cup Kodiak Power Cakes mix
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. ice water
Filling: 4 oz. roasted turkey breast
1/4 cup carrots, chopped
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
2 Tbs. yellow onion, finely chopped
1 Tbs. Kodiak Power Cakes Mix
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
6 Tbs. low sodium chicken broth
2 Tbs. unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spray a small sauce pan with zero-calorie spray and add carrots, celery and onions. Saute on med/high heat until onions are translucent. Turn down heat and add 1 Tbs. Kodiak mix, salt and pepper. Mix well .
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil and then turn down to low and let simmer about 5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in peas and turkey, mix well and set aside.
- For the crust, pour Kodiak Cakes in a bowl. Cut chilled butter through Kodiak Cakes mixture with two knives until butter is in very samll pieces. Add oil, then add ice water slowly until dough comes together, not sticky. You may not need all the water.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Dough should be thin, about 1/8 inch as it will puff when it bakes. Peel the top piece of parchment paper off dough and place the dough face down into a mini pie dish. Peel off second sheet of parchment paper then arrange dough and fix your crust edge. If you can’t roll out the dough, press it into pan with fingers, the thinner the better.
- Pour the turkey mixture on the top of the dough and cover with the top crust. Cut a couple slits on the top and bake for 20 minutes.